Monday, June 15, 2009

1 Doctors Appt. 2 Problems

Let us start with what happened yesterday.
I was outside blowing off all the stupid helicopters that fell from our tree onto our deck. So I am blowing everything away and felt something go into my eye. At the time I didn't think much of it. All the rest of the day I felt like there was something in my eye but only felt it when my eye would look in certain directions; I took my contacts out thinking that maybe something was on the contact. The rest of the evening I still had the same feeling, I tried using an eye drop to see if that would help but didn't.
This morning when I got up and looked in the mirror my eye looked like it had pink eye. I still had the feeling something was stuck in my eye so I decided to go to work and see if I could get into see the Dr. today sometime.
I requested Dr. H. because we as a family really like and trust him, to my luck he had an opening at 10:20am. When I was called in I told the nurse that I wanted to not only talk to the doctor about my eye but also my gallbladder results from a few months ago. (That will be #2 later in this post) Dr. H came in and he brought up #2 1st and then proceed to look at my eye. Apparently nothing is in my eye but whatever hit my eye scratched my cornea. So basically I must wait for it to heal on it's own and no contact until Wednesday.
#2 Since I think Thanksgiving of 2008 I on occasions have been getting these deep chest pains, I think I have had 6-7 of them since Thanksgiving. I did speak to DR. H. about them and he had me go in for an Ultrasound of my Gallbladder. I fit all the "criteria" of a person who would have Gallbladder problems. Well the Ultrasound came back clear with no stones.
So today when going in for my eye the Dr. asked me 1st, "Hows the stomach?" I explained to him that I have had 2 more deep chest pains since the Ultrasound but now whenever I eat I get a feeling that the food is getting stuck and I have to take a few minutes to stop and breathe deeply. He asked if I am throwing up, I said no, just that there is a feeling of pressure while I am eating.
He requested that I go see a Doctor that specializes in Gastroenterology. What will probably be done is they will send a camera down my esophagus and see whats going on there, aka Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. He said it could be 1 of 4 things and of course at this time I don't remember what all of the 4 were. In know one was gastroesophageal reflux disease, one had the word ulcer after it and one sound like it was the last name of the person whom discovered it. I am never any good at remembering medical information. Dr H. also said that I should request since I will be having this done for them to really check if there is anything going on with the gallbladder. I am sure I will find out more when I go for a consultation on July 6th.
Dr. H. said that when they do the Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy that I will need someone to drive me home. I asked if I will be knocked out and he said semi.
Normally I semi would be OK with me, but my fear is suffocation, so when I go see this Doctor who specializes in Gastroenterology I am going to have to STRESS this and maybe if I plead enough he can knock me out totally; not semi.
More on my esophagus/gallbladder drama after the 6th of July.

No comments: