Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lesson in making Oatmeal Cookies Part 2

Success! I wrote down everything that my aunt did to make oatmeal cookies.
I have listed the differences I found that she does that I don't.
1-She melts her butter/margarine to a liquid
2-She does not add cinnamon to her oatmeal cookies
3-She uses 7 packets of Equal and omits the white sugar.
4-Everytime she adds an ingredient she thoroughly mixes her batter
5-She adds raisins and then oats after the flour mixture is mixed into the liquid mixture/sugar, egg, butter mixture.
6-When she adds the raisins and oats she stirs with a spoon and not the hand mixer
7-She adds an extra cup of oats then what the recipe calls for if the recipe seems too wet.
8-She forms her cookie dough into large balls instead of using teaspoons to drop on cookie sheet.

See how her cookies have substance to them. They are sooo good!!

No comments: