Saturday, December 29, 2007

2 For Dinner

The boys were invited to an 18th birthday celebration for their friend Mike at Papa Passero's which included dinner and arcade games. So it was just Todd and I for dinner.

We picked Uncle Bub's BBQ in Westmont.


The food was pretty decent; I had a pulled pork BBQ sandwich with a side of home style green beans and fried macaroni and cheese. Todd picked the brisket sandwich with a side of hand cut french fries and cole slaw.
Uncle Bub's has won awards at Ribfest in the past for best sauce and best ribs.
I thought the regular sauce was on the sweet side and the spicy wasn't really that spicy but it too had a sweet taste to it. They were good just wasn't expecting sweet. I liked the fried mac and cheese; it was really good warm but once it turned cooled it wasn't as good. Just like must fried items, it tastes better hot.
I can cross this restaurant of my list of places I would like to try sometime.

No comments: