Thursday, October 30, 2008

Work is Getting Crazy

Almost a month ago my supervisor and her boss took me into the conference room and asked me if I would still be interested in learning Imports. They explained to me that I would be trained for about 4 weeks and then used if the Imports department were to get overwhelmed with work or help out during vacations taken.
On Wednesday I asked if this was my last week of training, I was told no with no explanation. Yesterday my supervisor took me off to the side and discussed what may possibly be happening in the near future. I will be trained in Imports for 2 more weeks by another person in the department; then when those 2 weeks are over I will work the Import orders on my own for 1 month. The 2 Import operators will at this point work domestic orders. I then asked if they were planning on swapping us and was told that would all depend on how well I do in Imports.
My theory is that if I am able to do Imports on my own, they will take the 2 current Import operators and move them to domestics where they are short handed. This way domestics will not have to hire anyone.
I feel slightly honored that I was asked to cross train, but I also feel that if I am going to take the job that 2 people did that I should expect to be compensated. If this happens; I am planning on asking for this to be considered a promotion and will expect an increase in pay.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you go mare...

Raelynn said...

It really bites sometimes when you're good at what you do, huh? And then you have to watch your co-workers coast along! I kept getting more magazines while the another co-worker only had one. Of course, it was worse for Cindy, who I think at one time had like 6 and her cube mate still only had 1!