Sunday, August 3, 2008

Griller, I am NOT

Todd went for a full day riding today with an old friend. They left at around 6:15am and I received a phone call at 12:20p saying that they stopped for lunch and that they were at around the 1/2 way point. So I don't expect to see him until about 6:00pm-7:00pm.
Anyway I went grocery shopping this morning and the store had Rib-eyes on sale for an incredible price. I was planning on making BLT's but decided to make the steaks instead.
The steaks did turned out pretty darn good; but my grilling technique stinks. When I was going to take the steaks off the grill, I had a major flame up. I turned off everything including the propane and was hoping that would cut the fire. I got all the steaks off without any major burnage on me or the steaks. The lid sits so high on the grill that when I closed it I burned myself on my arm.
I have realized I will leave grilling to other people and I will savor their talents of cooking on the grill.

No comments: