Thursday, June 19, 2008

I Joined, I Won

Yesterday I was invited by a co-worker to attend an open house at Womens Workout World. I attended just to see what it was like and ended up joining. They had a one day awesome deal that I had to sign up. Anyway, part of signing up was that I got a raffle ticket to win tickets to the Pirates & Poets concert along with a "Pink" gym bag, water bottle, visor and $50.00 gift card. The featured artists for the concert are Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, LeAnn Rimes, Gary Allen, and Luke Bryan.

I got a phone call around 8:15pm saying I won the tickets.


I couldn't believe it, I just joined, I never win stuff like this, I feel guilty because I am new to the club and someone who has been a member longer should have won.

Well unfortunately, the concert is this weekend and we can't attend. Todd is traveling and I have a prior commitment. Anyway, we called Todd's brother Greg to see if they would like to go, unfortunately Shelly took a fall and from what I gather broke 2 ribs, dislocated her tail bone and broke her wrist. So she wouldn't be able to attend but possibly Greg and Jessica would. Well later in the evening last night Jessica called and said she will be in the area visiting a friend and would love to go.

I am glad we are able to give the tickets to someone who can use them. I am not much of a country music fan but would have gone if Todd wasn't traveling. I hope Jessica and her friend have a good time!!!

No comments: