Friday, November 23, 2007

It came visiting again this year

Well this must be the 7th or 8th year now that my laryngitis came to visit again.
I used to get laryngitis every winter when I was in high school, then for awhile it didn't happen. About 7 years ago I started getting laryngitis right as the temperature starts to drop. It starts with a sinus infection and ends up with me getting a "manly" voice for about 8 weeks. The later as the day goes on, the deeper my voice gets. It is kind of fun because other then the voice being gone and my draining sinus', I don't feel ill. The big bummer is I can't belt out the Christmas songs like I love to do. I really think what causes it is a combination of the dry air, sinus infection and allergies from the furnace blowing out all the old dust. A humidifier helps but doesn't stop the lack of voice.

No comments: