Saturday, April 11, 2009

Marie Antoinette

Tonight Todd and I decided to watch one of the many movies we have recorded on our DVR to try and clean it up a little (we got it down to 47% full now)
Anyway I chose Marie Antoinette (I love period movies) and not knowing hardly anything about her life thought it would be a good choice.
I did like the movie, the story of her life facinated me. But why did Sophia Coppola who directed the movie use modern rock songs in the movie? It really distracted your attention in some parts of the film and some songs didn't fit the scene. Maybe she was paid a good amoung of $ to feature these songs.
Anyway the movie starred Kirsten Dunst as Marie and Jason Schwartzman as Louis XVI
I liked the movie but it wouldn't be one I would purchase on DVD.

No comments: