Friday, April 1, 2011

Where have I been?

I am still around, not in much of a mood to blog right now. I thought that I would just do a little post today to let you know what is going on.
On March 17th I was let go from my job that I worked at for a total of almost 7 years. It came as a complete shock to me and in my opinion was unjust. I will not go into detail as to why I was let go, I have told those who I feel need to know, and I feel that posting this information would not be something wise for me to do at this time. I will say though that I was dedicated to what I did at my job and I stepped up when others didn't and was willing to learn everything I could to make my job as productive as I possibly could. I will also say that the reason I was let go had nothing to do with my job performance.

I have been involved in an investigation being done by unemployment to see if I will receive unemployment benefits and just this morning learned that the ruling on my case was that I will receive benefits. This is wonderful news. I just hope that my past employer doesn't dispute the ruling. If they do then I will probably have to testify, not something I really want to do.

So now to look for a job. If anyone knows of any Accounts Payable job openings in the Chicagoland area please send me an e-mail.

No comments: